Uncle Lumps Spuds
Preparation 30 mins Cooking 75 mins Serves 4
- 4 Large potatoes ( sebago )
- 4 Bacon rashers, chopped coarsely
- 40g Butter
- 2/3 cup Sour cream
- 2 tbsp MasterFoods® Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Ground white pepper
- 4 Onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1 Small green capsicum, diced
- 1 cup Grated chedder cheese
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Scrub the potatoes, pat dry, wrap in foil, bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and cut a slice off the tops. Scoop out the flesh, leaving the skin with about 5mm of potato still attached.
- In a large fry pan cook bacon until browned lighty.
- In a large bowl, mash the potato flesh with butter, sour cream, mustard and pepper. Stir in the bacon, onions, corn, capsicum and half the cheese.
- Place the mixture in the potato casings. There will be plenty to pile it up. Press remaining cheese onto top of filling and return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is browned and the filling is hot.
Print this recipe