Marinated Lamb and Eggplant Salad
Preparation 20 mins Cooking 15 mins Serves 2
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods® Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 250g lamb backstraps
- MasterFoods freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 1 qty eggplant salad
- 150 ml Greek Style Yogurt
- 1 large eggplant, diced 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1½ teaspoon MasterFoods Minced Garlic
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon MasterFoods Paprika
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods Minced Chilli
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- MasterFoods Sea Salt, to taste
- ½ tablespoon balsamic syrup (glaze)
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground MasterFoods Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine the MasterFoods Paprika and Cumin, garlic and olive oil in a bowl. Place lamb in bowl, cover and coat with marinade.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat frying pan or chargrill plate.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Sear lamb for 4 minutes. Remove and stand on a plate, cover with foil.
- Slice lamb on an angle in 20cm slices, serve on a bed of eggplant salad, popadams and side of Greek style yogurt.
- Heat a medium pan over a high heat. Add the olive oil, sauté eggplant and garlic until slightly golden and softened.
- Add tomatoes, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Add parlsey, coriander, paprika, chilli, cumin, lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
Print this recipe