Grilled Squid with Chilli and Herb Salad
Preparation 15 mins Cooking 10 mins Serves 4
- 600g squid, cleaned & scored
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 red chillis
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- ½ teaspoon MasterFoods® Oregano Leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 fresh Kaffir lime leaves, sliced finely
- MasterFoods Sea Salt
- ½ cup mint, roughly chopped
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- MasterFoods Black Peppercorns Cracked to taste
- Using a sharp knife at a 45 degree angle, cut diagonal lines at about 5mm intervals over flesh. Cutting halfway through the flesh and going all the way down to the end.
- Repeat the lines in the opposite direction to form a crisscross pattern.
- Roughly cut the squid into 5cm squares, then put in a bowl with the extra virgin olive oil, chilli, garlic, MasterFoods Oregano Leaves, thyme and kaffir lime leaves.
- Season with MasterFoods Sea Salt and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to hot, make sure the grill bars are really well cleaned.
- Place the squid on the hot grill and cook for about 1 minute, then removed and place into a bowl.
- Add the mint, parsley & coriander to the bowl, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, some sea salt, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Toss to mix. Toss the squid salad and divide into small amounts onto white plates.
- Give a good sprinkle of MasterFoods Black Peppercorns Cracked.
- Serve immediately.
You can buy squid two ways, cleaned or uncleaned. Far less messy to buy it already cleaned.
Print this recipe