Cinnamon-Roasted Pumpkin Salad
Preparation 15 mins Cooking 25-35 mins Serves 2-4
- 1 butternut squash, skin on and cut into long wedges
- 1 tsp. MasterFoods Cinnamon Ground
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g wild rocket leaves
- Small handful of baby red veined sorrel leaves
- 200 g firm feta
- 1 cup wild grain rice
- Handful of Greek basil or fresh oregano leaves, for garnish
- ⅓ cup MasterFoods Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, plus extra for serving
- Pre-heat oven 180°C. Arrange pumpkin wedges on a baking tray, drizzle the olive oil, sprinkle over the cinnamon and season. Bake off for 25-30 minutes or until pumpkin is just tender, but still holding its shape. Set aside.
- Cook rice as per manufacturer’s instructions, then fluff with fork and set aside.
- To assemble, layer on generous spoonful’s of rice, greens, and pumpkin wedges and drizzle over half of the Balsamic dressing. Continue to build layers up, finishing with the remaining half of the dressing, pine nuts, and crumbled feta sprinkled over.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with extra dressing on the side.
- Also great with torn buffalo mozzarella or to make it vegan friendly, replace the feta with a vegan cheese.
- Can replace pine nuts with slivered almonds.
Print this recipe