For the Avo-Mayo
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 2 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Vegan Mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ a Lime
For the Beetroot Slaw
- 1 large Beetroot, peeled and julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 200 g Red Cabbage, shredded
- 8 small Corn tortillas
- Olive Oil spray
- 400 g white fleshed fish such as Flathead or Barramundi, cut into 5 cm pieces
- 3 tsp. MasterFoods™ Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Limes, plus extra wedges for serving
- 4 small Jalapeños, thinly sliced
- Handful of Coriander for garnish
- First, make the avo-mayo, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate until needed.
- To make the beetroot slaw, combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Preheat an oven 180°C. Arrange tortillas in a single layer on a shallow roasting tray lined with baking paper, and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until they turn light golden and crispy. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Roll the fish in the taco seasoning until evenly coated. Heat olive oil in a shallow based frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add fish and cook for 3-5 minutes until just cooked. Squeeze over lime, remove from pan and place onto paper towel to rest.
- Assemble each tostada with a generous dollop of avo-mayo, beetroot slaw, and top with fish, jalapeño, and fresh coriander. Serve with extra lime on the side.
- Add more crunch to the dish by sprinkling with crispy shallots and garlic chips.
- Replace the fish with tofu, halloumi, prawns, or poached chicken breast for other alternatives.
- For some heat, add a squeeze of MasterFoods™ Hot Chilli Sauce to the avo-mayo.