Upside Down Bananna Muffins
Preparation 15 mins Cooking 25 mins Serves 8
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups bananna, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons MasterFoods® Mixed Spice
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods Cinnamon Ground
- 100g plain flour
- 60g self raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup bananna, mashed
- Preheat oven to a moderate 180°
- Stir castor sugar and water in a medium saucepan until the sugar dissolves, bring to the boil.
- Without stirring, boil for 10 minutes, do not cover, boil until caramel.
- Pour prepared caramel into bases of muffin tray. Arrange sliced bananna on base.
- Grease 12x1 cup muffin tray.
- Combine egg, oil, brown sugar and MasterFoods spices, mix well.
- Stir in sifted flours and bo-carbonate soda, stir through mashed bananna.
- Pour mix into muffin tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn muffins out onto a wire rack.
- Serve with ice cream.
Print this recipe