- 2 multi-grain or granary burger buns (or charcoal GF buns)
- 2 100% Not Burgers
- A few leaves of butter lettuce
- 1 medium carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Vegan Mayonnaise
- To make pickled vegetables, gently warm the vinegar and stir in the salt and sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat and add in the carrot and cucumber ribbons, then set aside to pickle – this can be done as close to half an hour before serving but ideally more ahead of time, the better.
- For the burgers, place lightly oiled patties in a pan over medium heat and fry for 12 minutes (6-8 minutes if thawed), turning frequently.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the burger buns and drain pickled vegetables from the liquid. Set buns and vegetables aside and discard the pickling liquid.
- To assemble, spread some vegan mayonnaise on the base of a bun and add some lettuce and a burger patty. Top with some more mayonnaise, add a small mound of pickled vegetables and top with the other half of the bun.
- Serve hot with sweet potato fries.
- For another Gluten Free option, serve in a large lettuce cup with fresh tomato, cucumber and pickles.
- Try adding a vegan cheese on the burger while frying for added flavour.
- Substitute house made pickles with sweet and sour sliced gherkins for a slight twist.
- To create your very own ultimate Vegan burger sauce, add MasterFoods™ Tomato Sauce and MasterFoods™ American Mustard to the mayonnaise, to taste.