- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 400 g Pork and Veal Meatballs
- 1 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Tuscan Seasoning, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. MasterFoods™ Fennel Seeds
- ¼ cup MasterFoods™ Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup Tomato Passata
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ zest of Lemon
- 4 medium crusty Baguettes, or similar
- 1 Mozzarella ball, drained and divided into four
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Fresh Oregano and Basil leaves, torn
- Heat olive oil in shallow frying pan over a medium heat. Roll the meatballs in the Tuscan seasoning, dried oregano, and fennel seeds, and fry until golden all over.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, passata, and Balsamic vinegar, stir to combine, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened in consistency and intensified in flavour.
- Remove from the heat, grate in the lemon zest and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat a salamander grill to a medium heat.
- Slice the baguettes open, keeping a hinge intact on one side and arrange on a baking tray.
- Spoon on some tomato sauce mixture and spread wall to wall, followed by 3 or 4 meatballs.
- Arrange the torn mozzarella around the meatballs and sprinkle over parmesan cheese, extra Tuscan seasoning, and fresh herbs. Repeat with the extra subs.
- Place under the grill for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling, then serve.
- For a little heat and dimension, add some MasterFoods™ Chilli Sprinkle into the tomato sauce.
- Add a spoon or two of MasterFoods™ Dijon Mustard when assembling the sub for extra savouriness.
- Swap out the pork and veal meatballs for plant-based meatballs for a vegetarian friendly option.