Thai-Style Chicken Salad
Preparation 10 mins Cooking 15-20 mins Serves 2-4
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded with a julienned peeler
- 1 medium cucumber, shredded with a julienned peeler
- Red cabbage, finely sliced
- 160 g rice noodles
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- ⅓ cup Masterfoods Chilli And Lime Dressing, plus extra for serving
- Place stock in deep saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts in whole and turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and poach the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from stock, set aside and cover with foil until needed. If making ahead of time, chill down until needed.
- Cook the rice noodles as per manufacturer’s instructions on the packet, then drain.
- To assemble the salad, mix the noodles with the carrots, cabbage and cucumber with 2 tbsp. of the dressing and divide into shallow bowls.
- Shred or slice the chicken breast and place over the salad. Drizzle the remaining dressing and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Garnish with a generous amount of fresh herbs and serve with extra dressing on the side.
- Add roasted and lightly crushed peanuts for extra crunch.
- Also great with MasterFoods Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce or a soy-based dressing.
- Replace chicken with firm tofu for a vegan option
Print this recipe