- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 medium Red Capsicum, sliced in half lengthways
- 250 g Orzo Pasta
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Tuscan Seasoning, plus extra to sprinkle over
- 1 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Dried Oregano Leaves
- 80 g semi-dried Tomatoes
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 8 Bocconcini Mozzarella balls, drained
- ¼ cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- Handful of fresh herbs, such as oregano leaves, to garnish
- Preheat an oven to 220°C. Lightly oil the capsicum and cook cut side up for 5 to 8 minutes, or until it begins to char. Remove from oven and leave to cool slightly, and reduce the temperature to 180°C.
- Meanwhile cook the orzo pasta as per manufacturer’s instructions. Once cooked, drain well and place into large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, zest, Tuscan seasoning, oregano, semi-dried tomatoes, half the parmesan cheese and half the pine nuts, and mix well.
- Stuff the peppers with the orzo filling and tear pieces of bocconcini over each stuffed capsicum. Sprinkle over remaining parmesan cheese and extra Tuscan seasoning.
- Return to the oven to cook for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and garnish with remaining pine nuts and fresh herbs.
- For a vegan friendly option, replace the parmesan and bocconcini with plant-based cheeses.
- Add some cured meats such as salami or prosciutto for an extra dimension of flavour.