Spicy Prawns & Summer Salad
Preparation 180 mins Cooking 30 mins Serves 8
- 1kg Green Prawns (peeled)
- 1-2 fresh Red Chillies (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 Spring onions (chopped)
- 2 inch piece of Ginger (grated)
- 4 tsp Olive oil
- Soya sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from 1-2 lemons
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 1 MasterFoods® Cinnamon Stick (roughly broken)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-2 Carrots (peeled)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 100g Baby Asian greens
- 100g Bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup MasterFoods Coriander Leaves
- 250g Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 1/2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Fish sauce
- Combine all ingredients for the Prawns in a bowl. Cover and refridgerate for 2 hours.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrots and cucumbers lengthwise into thin ribbons. In a bowl combine the carrots, cucumbers, baby asian greens, bean sprouts and coriander. Cover and refridgerate until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, sesame oil and fish sauce. Cover and refridgerate until ready to serve.
- On a hot BBQ, cook the marinated prawns until they begin to curl, turn over and cook intil they are pink but still tender.
- Combine the prepared salad and dressing until the salad is well coated. Place onto a serving platter and place the cooked prawns on top and serve.
Print this recipe