For the Tomato Salsa
- 2 large Roma Tomato, finely diced
- 1 small Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
For the Lentil Base
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 tsp. MasterFoods™ Crushed Garlic
- 2 tsp. MasterFoods™ Mexican Seasoning, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp. MasterFoods™ Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. MasterFoods™ Ground Paprika
- 400 g can Brown Lentils
- 400 g can Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock or water
- ¼ cup MasterFoods™ Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Smokey Barbecue Sauce
- 400 g Corn Chips
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 Zucchini, cut with a papaya cutter, to serve
- Fresh Coriander, to serve
- First, make the tomato salsa. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside to lightly pickle.
- For the lentil base, heat oil in pan over medium heat and fry off the garlic, then add in the Mexican seasoning, spices, and lentils, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stock (or water) and bring to a simmer, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the tomato and smoky barbecue sauces and cook for a further 2 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble, preheat an oven to 180°C. Arrange one layer of corn chips, add a sprinkling of cheeses and add another layer of corn chips.
- Top with lentils, cheese, and a sprinkling of Mexican seasoning.
- Baked for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with shredded zucchini, fresh coriander and tomato salsa.
- To add some spice, try mixing in some MasterFoods™ Chilli Sprinkle.
- For extra richness, add diced chorizo sausages.
- Fold in some MasterFoods™ Caramelised Onion Relish into the lentil base for added complexity.