Pumpkin, Feta and Spinach Rolls
Preparation 15 mins Cooking 15 mins Serves 6-8 rolls
- ½ butternut pumpkin, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. MasterFoods Oregano Leaves
- ½ tsp. MasterFoods Cinnamon Ground
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 180 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 200 g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 2-3 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- MasterFoods Squeeze-On Tomato Sauce portion, to serve
- Pre-heat oven 180°C.
- Place cubed pumpkin in lined baking tray and coat with olive oil, sprinkle over, fennel seeds, cinnamon, oregano and maple syrup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender but still holding their shape. Set aside to cool, then increase oven temperature to 200°C.
- Once mixture is cooled, stir in crumbled feta and spinach leaves
- Take one pastry sheet and cut into quarters. Brush egg wash along the longest side and spoon the mixture down the middle of the pastry, leaving enough boarder to roll over and fold the bottom onto the egg wash.
- Repeat with the other three squares and continue with remaining sheets until mixture runs out – there should be between 6 to 8 rolls depending on the cut size.
- Place rolls in the fridge for about an hour to firm up.
- Remove from fridge, glaze with egg wash and sprinkle over poppy seeds.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- For extra texture, add toasted pine nuts to the mixture.
- For extra sweetness and depth, add currents or pitted dates to the mixture.
- For some heat, add MasterFoods Chilli Sprinkle to the mixture.
- Can also easily be made into smaller party size rolls.
Print this recipe