Paprika Crumbed Calamari
Preparation 10 mins Cooking 5 mins Serves 4-6
- 500g fresh calamari, cut into 1 cm thick rings
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. MasterFoods Paprika Ground
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- ⅓ cup MasterFoods Thousand Island Dressing
- Lemon wedges and green salad, to serve
- Heat the oil in wok or deep pan ready for frying and pre-heat oven to 150°C. Add the smoked paprika the flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Set up a dredging station with seasoned flour, eggs, and panko breadcrumbs alongside each other. Add calamari rings a few at a time first into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess.
- Fry rings in batches for 2-3 minutes until golden, then transfer to a wire rack set over a baking tray. Sprinkle over paprika and place in the oven to keep warm until all rings are cooked.
- Serve with lemon wedges, fresh green salad and Thousand Island dressing on the side.
- To save time the coating and prep can be done in advance and chilled until ready to cook.
- Also great with MasterFoods Tartare Sauce or MasterFoods Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce.
Print this recipe