Preparation 15 mins Cooking 30 mins Serves 6
- 85g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 85g Plain flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 100g Brown sugar
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Instant coffee
- 1 tsp MasterFoods® Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 100g MasterFoods Foodservice Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a small square cake tin.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in a bowl over simmering water, and cool slightly.
- Stir both sugars into the cooled chocolate, then add the coffee, milk, vanilla, 1 tbsp of warm water.
- Add the beaten egg and mayonnaise and stir.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and mixed spice and sift into the chocolate mixture, folding gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into the tin and gently spread.
- Bake to 30 minutes and leave to cool in the tin. Serve with raspberry couli, and vanilla ice-cream.
Print this recipe