For the Pickled Cabbage
- 3 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 80 g Wombok Cabbage, finely shredded
- 80 g Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 500 g Roasted Pork Loin or Belly, with crackling
- 12 Gua Bao Buns
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup of unsalted Peanuts, toasted and crushed, to serve
- 12 packets MasterFoods™ Mild Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce Squeeze-On, to serve
- Fresh Coriander, to serve
- First, make the pickled cabbage by mixing the vinegar, sugar and salt until dissolved and pouring over the cabbage. Give everything a good mix and set aside. When ready to assemble, drain the liquid and pat cabbage try with paper towel.
- Preheat an oven 180°C. To refresh the crackling from the pork, cook for 5 minutes until it crisps and bubbles. Remove and break, cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Steam the buns as per manufacturer’s instructions and thinly slice the pork.
- To assemble, layer some carrot, pickled cabbage, then pork into the buns. Sprinkle over with peanuts and squeeze the sweet Thai chilli sauce over, finishing with some fresh coriander.
- Also great with MasterFoods™ Soy Sauce or MasterFoods™ Chilli & Lime Dressing.
- Add lime wedges, cucumber and spring onions for more texture.
- Replace the pork with stir fried tofu for a vegetarian friendly option.
- For something different, the pork can be replaced with poached shredded chicken or seared beef.