Beef Stroganoff Scrolls
Preparation 180 mins Cooking 30 mins Serves 8
- Dough Base
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Dry yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 125ml Warm milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp MasterFoods® Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Stroganoff Filling
- 100g Mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 Onion finely diced
- 300g Beef mince
- 1/2 cup Masterfoods Beef Stroganoff Recipe Base
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, seasoning, dry yeast and butter in a bowl. Mix well until a sandy texture is formed.
- Add warm milk and egg, mix and knead until a smooth dough is formed. Place in a greased bowl, cover and allow to prove until double in size (2 hours).
- Heat pot with oil, brown beef and then add onions and mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add recipe base, sour cream and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Combine water and cornflour, add to stroganoff mix, and allow sauce to thicken, then set aside to cool.
- Roll out proved dough into a rectangle. Spread the stroganoff mix on top.
- Roll up dough and then cut into 2cm rounds. Place on a greased tray, and allow to rise. Takes about 45 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with sour cream
Print this recipe