Bacon And Egg Breakfast Tart
Preparation 15 mins Cooking 30 mins Serves 8
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 8 small eggs
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Handful of chopped chives
- MasterFoods Squeeze-On BBQ Sauce portions, to serve
- Pre-heat oven 200°C.
- Cut the pastry sheets into four, giving eight squares in total) and place them onto two lined baking trays an inch apart.
- Place a small round oven proof baking dish in the centre of each square, brush the outside with the whisked egg wash and bake for 6-8 minutes until pastry has puffed up around the edges.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon until it’s just starting to colour but not fully cooked. Drain on paper towel, then cut each rasher in half.
- Remove pastry from oven and carefully remove the ramekins – there will be an indent ready for the filings.
- Assemble each square with some cheddar cheese on the base and cracking an egg into the centre. Place halved bacon rashers either side of the egg. Brush the pastry boarders with maple syrup and add a little sprinkle of parmesan, reserving the rest for garnish. Repeat with the remaining squares.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set to your liking and the pastry is golden brown.
- Top with extra parmesan, chives, and season with salt and cracked black pepper, then squeeze over the BBQ sauce.
- For vegetarian option swap bacon for roasted red and yellow capsicum or caramelised onion.
- For a little extra flavour, add MasterFoods Seeded Mustard or MasterFoods Dijon Mustard to the pastry base before adding cheese.
Print this recipe