- 2 100% Not Schnitzels
- 400 g can of chickpeas, drained
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, juice divided in half
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 100 g beetroot hummus
- 2 tbsp. MasterFoods™ Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 handles of kale, central stems removed
- Olive oil spray oil
- 3 small radishes, finely sliced
- 1 – 2 tbsp. spiced dukkha
- 2 to 4 wholemeal flat bread wraps
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves and pickled chillies, to serve
- Mix half the lemon juice, zest, and cumin seeds with the chickpeas, set aside.
- Heat a deep fryer to 180°C. Cook Vegan schnitzel for around 3-4 minutes (from frozen) until evenly golden brown. Set aside to drain on paper towel.
- Mix the vegan mayonnaise through the beetroot hummus, and chill until needed.
- Lightly spray the kale leaves with oil and cook over medium heat in frying pan for a few minutes until they begin to crisp.
- Remove from heat, squeeze over remaining halved lemon juice and a good few pinches of sea salt flakes.
- To assemble, starting on one side of the flatbread spread a generous tablespoon of the beetroot hummus vegan mayonnaise mix, add kale, radishes, and chickpeas. Slice up the vegan schnitzel, arrange a couple of slices and sprinkle over the spiced dukkha. Serve warm.
- Once the chicken is fresh out of the fryer, liberally sprinkle over some MasterFoods™ Italian Herbs for extra flavour.
- For extra crunch, toast off some pine nuts or slivered almonds.
- Add some pickled jalapenos or a touch of MasterFoods™ Hot Chilli Sauce for an extra kick.
- Turn it into a super grain salad with cooked brown rice and quinoa.